Funding a college education requires thoughtful planning to avoid or strategically manage student debt. That said, because the cost of higher education is often a moving target, knowing your options can be difficult. If you create a detailed approach for college funding, and know the right strategies, you can often get a great education without overpaying or accumulating more debt than necessary.
What you may be thinking:
- When should I begin saving and how much should I be setting aside for education?
- How much can I afford to help my children with college costs?
- Will having a college savings fund subsequently reduce financial aid eligibility?
- Should my children take out loans in their name or mine?
- What are the criteria for qualifying for merit and need-based financial aid?
we’ve got you covered
If you’re considering charitable giving NAM advisors can help craft a charitable giving plan based on the best interest of your financial goals.Request a Discovery Meeting
Meeting with families and establishing their college funding goals is where we begin. Creating the appropriate accounts, offering guidance on tax-savings opportunities and investment guidance is how we continue to provide financial solutions to Education Planning. Our goal is to educate and prepare for the current and future needs of families and students through discussion and appropriate planning.
Our Education Planning Conversations
- Types of Accounts and account titling
- Tax Benefits and Planning
- Account Spending and Transitions